Reservation, Rental And Confirmation Agreement
This agreement made by ___________________________and between Ford Real Estate, LLC d/b/a FORD REAL ESTATE VACATION RENTALS acting as agent for _ the owner(s) and _ THE GUESTS. The owner(s), through its agent, Ford Real Estate, LLC d/b/a FORD REAL ESTATE VACATION RENTALS. authorizes the guest to occupy the premises located , Christiansted, St. Croix known as from (arrival) _ _ through (departure) __ CHECK OUT TIME being 11:00 (eleven am) and CHECK IN TIME being 3:30 P.M. unless prior arrangements have been made.
1. Consideration: The guest shall pay to Ford Real Estate, LLC d/b/a FORD REAL ESTATE Vacation Rentals as agent for the owner the sum of .(includes 12.5% room tax and cleaning fee of ) Payments to be made as follows: $ paid as deposit with the return of this contract and the balance of $ payable 15 days prior to arrival. The guest agrees and acknowledges that there will be a $50.00 service charge for any returned checks by the bank to FORD REAL ESTATE, LLC.
2. Damage Deposit: The guest understands that they are putting a credit card up as security deposit for said property. Credit Card#___________________________________________________ (Expiration Date ) Presented at arrival. Credit card will not be charged provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, long distance calls charged to the villa’s telephone or extraordinary clean-up. In the event that the credit card is charged you will receive a letter and documents explaining charges.
3. Cancellation Policy: If not cancelled 60 days prior to occupancy there is no refund during High Season unless the property can be rebooked for the same rate and time. If property can be rented under these conditions 80% of the payment made will be refunded. For Low Season, more than 45 days notice, 80%of payment made will be refunded. Less than 45 days notice –no payment is refunded. No shows, late arrivals, change in number of persons, and early departures after arrival are non-refundable. FORD REAL ESTATE VACATION RENTALS strongly suggests Guest purchase travel insurance to cover costs in the event you are forced to cancel.
4. Complaints and Maintenance: Every effort is made to keep all villas and their inventories in working order. In case of a maintenance problem, staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. We will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, cable or satellite tv, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage IMMEDIATELY. No refunds will be granted unless there is a problem which cannot be cured within 24 hours, or which causes the Guest extreme and undue discomfort or serious inconvenience. We advise guests to bring cell phones as our island phone system is antiquated and unreliable. Check with your stateside service provider to insure your cell phone is programmed for service in the USVI. (Note, most of our villas have long distance restrictions on the phone, a credit or calling card must be used.)
5. Substitution: FORD REAL ESTATE LLC d/b/a FORD REAL ESTATE VACTION RENTALS reserves the right to substitute like or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest may receive a complete refund of all monies paid for the original villa. Guests who abandon their villa without authority, have no rights to refund compensation.
6. No Pets of any kind are allowed on the premises unless prior arrangements have been made.
7. Illegal drugs and hazardous materials shall not be used or permitted in any villa. All villas are no-smoking. Smoking is permitted outside only.
8. Hurricane Policy: In the event of a pending hurricane, all guest must vacate the villa when instructed to do so by staff. (Any unused rent and taxes will be refunded.) It is the sole responsibility of the guest to secure other lodging or change airlines tickets for any early departure.
9. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment and approval by guests. This villa is not on the market for sale.
10. Capacity: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for the excess persons immediately, or vacate the villa without refund. Exceptions are made only for infants, if sleeping in a baby crib. Absolutely No house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance permission.
11. Liability: FORD REAL ESTATE, LLC is acting as the agent for accommodations. Neither FORD REAL ESTATE, LLC d/b/a FORD REAL ESTATE VACATION RENTALS nor the accommodation owner assumes any liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accidents, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, rentals cars and taxis) are supplied by providers who operate independently of FORD REAL ESTATE. LLC.
FORD REAL ESTATE, LLC dba FORD REAL ESATE VACATION RENTASL and the accommodation owner assumes no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers, or otherwise and Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless FORD REAL ESTATE. LLC dba FORD REAL ESTATE VACATION RENTALS and the accommodation owner for any claims for personal injury or property damage arising from the vacation rental. Guests are responsible for their villa during their occupancy.
12. Quiet Enjoyment: FORD REAL ESTATE, LLC DBA FORD REAL ESTATE VACATION RENTALS maintains an atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the area.
In any dispute arising out of this rental agreement, the laws of the Virgin Islands shall apply and the prevailing party shall recover its costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
This agreement becomes binding upon signing and the receipt of your rental deposit by FORD REAL ESTATE, LLC dba/ FORD REAL ESATATE VACATION RENTALS. Your sending of payment constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions.
Donna W Ford
**Additional charge of 4% for credit card charges. American Express not accepted.